- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 large red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well. On four salad plates, arrange the lettuce, grapefruit, onion, and avocado. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrapefruit Avocado Salad
"I served this to my coworkers at lunch, to rave reviews! I used avocado oil instead of olive oil for a terrific dressing, that would be good on any salad. My only problem was trying to peel and section the grapefruit -- I had a mangled mess, but it sure tasted good."