Grape Tomato Mozzarella Salad Recipe
- 1/2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1. Arrange the onion, cucumber, tomatoes, basil and mozzarella on salad plates. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 85 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Grape Tomato Mozzarella Salad
"I used a more expensive mozzarella and that really made it good. I wish there were a homemade dressing recipe included."
"I added thinly sliced mini sweet peppers and used mozzarella bubbles instead of sliced mozzarella. I served this at a book club lunch - everyone asked for the recipe!"