Grape ‘n’ Pear Tossed Salad
This sweet medley will complement most any meal. Yogurt, apple juice and sugar create the quick but yummy dressing.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 small pear, cubed
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- For dressing, combine the yogurt, apple juice and sugar in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, grapes, pear, pecans and onion; add dressing and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 104 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Friendly Tossed Salad in Country Woman May/June 2005