Granola Yogurt Parfaits
I love this recipe because the granola and flavored yogurt can be made the day before. The next morning, just roll out of bed and assemble the parfaits in pretty glasses!—Laureen Pittman, Riverside, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 4 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter and place over a large bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and discard liquid from bowl. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, orange juice, honey, vanilla and orange zest. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- For granola, in a large bowl, combine oats and walnuts. Combine the brown sugar, honey, oil, vanilla and salt; pour over oat mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice. Cool on a wire rack. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in cranberries. Store in an airtight container.
- To serve, alternate layers of yogurt and granola in six parfait glasses.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 470 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as "Good Morning Sunshine" Parfait with Cranberry Vanilla Granola and Orange Yogurt in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2008