Granola with Apricots and Ginger
This easy granola recipe is a favorite. The apricots and ginger add just the right zip to the oats, nuts and seeds. — Eva Amuso, Cheshire, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups unblanched almonds
- 1 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup flaxseed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine oil and honey. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Add apricots and ginger. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 348 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 6g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Granola with Apricots and Crystalized Ginger in Country October/November 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.