Granola Streusel Cranberry Muffin Mix
These are great for breakfast. Once the family gets a taste, these delicious muffins will disappear quickly! —Karen Moore, Jacksonville, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 crunchy oat and honey granola bars (0.74 ounce each), finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten, room temperature
- 3/4 cup water or 2% milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Whisk first six ingredients. Place in a 1-qt. jar; top with cranberries. In a small plastic bag, combine streusel ingredients. Add to jar; cover. Store in a cool dry place up to 3 months.
- To prepare muffins: Preheat oven to 375°. Place muffin mix in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk egg, water and canola oil until blended. Add to muffin mix; stir just until moistened. Fill paper or foil-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine streusel with melted butter. Sprinkle evenly over muffin cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-18 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 251 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Granola Steusel Cranberry Muffin Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018