Ground cloves, sweet peaches and hearty granola share the stage in this flavorful loaf from Regina Albright. Brunch guests are often treated to moist tender slices when they visit her home in Clinton, Michigan.
Recommended: 7 Surprising Foods That Cause Gas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter or stick margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup syrup (discard remaining syrup or save for another use). Chop peaches; set aside. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cloves and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in eggs and reserved syrup. Fold in granola and peaches.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Granola Peach Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p55