Granola Honey Braid
I guarantee that one slice of this sweet, tender bread will not be enough...despite your good intentions! I copied the recipe from my sister, who often made it for Sunday dinners.—Kathy Rairigh, Milford, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + rising Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (24 slices)
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granola without raisins, crushed
- 3-3/4 to 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups granola without raisins, crushed
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk, butter, eggs, honey and salt; mix well. Add granola and 2 cups flour; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a well-floured surface. Roll into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Combine filling ingredients; spread over dough. Cut lengthwise into three strips. Roll up each strip jelly-roll style, beginning at a long side; pinch edges and ends to seal well.
- Place ropes seam side down on a well-greased baking sheet. Braid ropes together (do not stretch); seal ends. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; frost warm braid. Cool before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 269 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.