This crunchy, chewy mix makes a wholesome on-the-go snack or breakfast cereal with milk. Honey, brown sugar and molasses add just the right amount of sweetness.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cartons (18 ounces each) old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups Grape-Nuts
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups raisins
- In a very large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the brown sugar, butter, honey, oil and molasses for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and salt. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice. Cool, stirring occasionally. Stir in raisins. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 272 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Crunchy Granola in Country Woman Christmas 2009