This crunchy, chewy mix makes a wholesome on-the-go snack or breakfast cereal with milk. Honey, brown sugar and molasses add just the right amount of sweetness.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cartons (18 ounces each) old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups Grape-Nuts
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups raisins
- In a very large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the brown sugar, butter, honey, oil and molasses for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and salt. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice. Cool, stirring occasionally. Stir in raisins. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 272 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Crunchy Granola in Country Woman Christmas 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.