- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups reduced-fat granola with raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg, egg white, brown sugar and oil; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into sugar mixture just until blended. Stir in granola and cranberries (batter will be thick)
- Spread into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden and set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forGranola Blondies
"My husband loves these bars and has declared them 'very good'. He thinks they are similar to oatmeal raisin cookies. I will definitely make them often"
"Question: How far ahead can these be made and how well do they keep? I 'm looking forward to making these for a relative with diabetes ."
"I have made these for years, ever since I first saw the recipe in taste of home, except I found them way too sweet, so I cut the brown sugar back to just 3/4 c and use cranberries for their tartness instead of cherries and they are to die for."