Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat granola
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg, egg white and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Break apart any large pieces of granola; stir granola and cranberries into dough.
- Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 1-1/2-in. rectangle; place each on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Turn and bake 5-7 minutes longer or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 75 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 16, 2011
My first attempt at biscotti and these turned out beautifully. Very easy to make. I used vanilla instead of almond extract because I didn't have it and didn't want to spend $6 for it until I found out if I liked the recipe. I will be making more of this recipe for myself and for gifts.