- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 3 medium firm bananas
- 6 Popsicle sticks
- 2 crunchy oat and honey granola bars, crushed
- In a small saucepan, combine the peanut butter, honey, brown sugar and milk; heat through.
- Peel bananas and cut in half widthwise; insert a Popsicle stick into one end of each banana half. Spoon peanut butter mixture over bananas to coat completely. Sprinkle with granola. Serve immediately or place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet and freeze. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGranola Banana Sticks
"easy recipe that my kids had fun putting together with just supervision while working on the stove. My 4 year old and 2 year old loved this combination. A recipe for kids learning to combine ingredients they already love and eat into a recipe that makes those ingredients even better tasting together. That's what cooking is all about!"
"Now that's not very nice Wingding52, everything in moderation--why do you have to be a smart @$s? they were good, but we only ate one each in our family."
"Your kids will appreciate the diabetes you can get from this recipe.Get rid of the processed sugar, commercial granola bars and simply spend some time in the kitchen with natural ingredients It is not hard.Who was the contest for? Your daughter or you?"
"My five-year old gobbled these up! *Sneaky Mom Trick* - I mixed a bit of wheat germ in with the granola. The kids never suspected!"
"These look good. I think the bran buds would be good on these."