- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 3 cups cut fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut into shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the water, egg and vinegar; stir into flour mixture until a ball forms. Divide dough in half. Roll out one portion on a lightly floured surface; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry even with edge.
- In a bowl, combine the rhubarb, apples, pineapple, honey and lemon juice. Combine sugar and flour; add to rhubarb mixture. Pour into crust. Dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until the pastry is golden brown and the apples are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forGranny's Rhubarb Pie
"I used my own pie crust recipe, but used the filling recipe as given in the recipe. It was perfect! I'll definitely make this again."