- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup finely crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoonground sage or poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- Green pepper rings, optional
- Onion rings, optional
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, crushed crackers, onion, salt, sage or poultry seasoning and pepper. Add ground beef; mix well. press mixture into an 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains. Garnish with green pepper and onion rings if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forGrandmother's Meat Loaf
"My kids (who are not fans of Meat Loaf) ate every bit of it. This was one of the best, basic Meat Loaf Recipes I have made. The flavor of the crackers is wonderful!"
"This recipe has got to be the best I've ever tried. It is an easy, basic meatloaf that is also very moist & tasty. This is definately a keeper."