Grandma’s Turkey Gravy
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- Roasted turkey drippings
- Reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pour drippings into a 2-cup measuring cup. Skim fat, reserving 1/4 cup. Add enough broth to the drippings to measure 2 cups.
- Saute shallot in reserved fat in a small saucepan. Stir in the flour, salt, onion powder, poultry seasoning and pepper until blended; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until browned (do not burn). Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 26, 2018
Great turkey gravy recipe. Came out perfect.
Jan 21, 2014
mine was eggy as well. I'm a good cook, Have no idea what happened, there wasn't a firm enough texture, like cheese cake. I thought it was awful
Nov 30, 2013
Easy, fast and tasty
Nov 22, 2012
This was an excellent gravy made with the Happy Orange Turkey in the same issue.