- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in milk and vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 15 minutes on a wire rack. Spread peanut butter over top; cool completely.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Gently spread over peanut butter. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews forGrandma's Tandy Kake
"My children absolutely love this recipe. It is easy and so good!"
"I thought this was a great cake and relatively easy. As much as I love to cook I hate baking and always lean toward the "I can't mess up" recipes. I think this is one of them. Also, the tip about getting all of the foil off of a peanut butter jar is a great one but I sure don't think the fact that it isn't mentioned in the directions should make the rating be low."
"Made this tonight for dessert... followed the recipe exactly. Came out terrific! Loved by all. This is a keeper recipe - my thanks to the contributor!"
"I have made this cake numerous times. Everyone loves it. In fact my mother prefers this over the TastyKake version. I always use a foil cookie sheet to bake by cake. ThenI can leave it wherever I go and not have to worry about the dish getting returned. It it the perfect size for the spongy textured cake. I apply the peanut butter right out of the oven, and it melts and spreads so nice. I then place it in the fridge for 15 minutes then get my chocolate going. I prefer the chocolate melts from Weis. Then I spread out the chocolate, but you have to do it quickly or you will have a peanut butter chocolate mix. Back in the fridge it goes..."
"This cake was amazing! It tastes exactly like the original Kandy Kake! I wouldn't change a thing to the recipe at all! I had NONE of the issues other reviewers had at all.The only thing I have to do for my pan is use lard or butter because everything tends to stick to it. Cooking spray didn't let the cake release very well but that was MY PAN, not the recipe. If you have a pan like mine, that's my suggestion to help you with this awesome cake!"
"Haven't tried this recipe yet...However, I thought it very important to mention, please if you're going to put a jar of peanut butter in a microwave, make sure you've removed every scrap of foil from the jar or you WILL have fireworks!"
"Made this for my husband to take to work...was gone in no time...guys loved it...they said he was one lucky man....this is much better than another tandy cake recipe I have....."
"This recipe is terrible! The cake is dry and it falls apart! I DO NOT RECOMMEND"