Grandma's Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Gradually add oil and milk, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Press into a 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water and corn syrup until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in strawberries. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 407 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Grandma's Strawberry Pie
"I thought it tasted to fake strawberry(probably because of jello). Also it didn't set up well."