VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups mashed cooked winter squash
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Whisk in egg yolks and milk. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into squash mixture. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Grandma's Squash Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p128
Reviews forGrandma's Squash Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2015
"My family loves this pie! I do use 1 cup can pumpkin and 1 cup butternut squash rather than 2 cups squash. It tastes amazing!"