- 2 cups mashed cooked winter squash
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 egg, separated
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Whisk in egg yolks and milk. In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into squash mixture. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forGrandma's Squash Pie
"My family loves this pie! I do use 1 cup can pumpkin and 1 cup butternut squash rather than 2 cups squash. It tastes amazing!"