Grandma’s Meat Loaf
We love Grandma's version of meat loaf so much that we have it at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter—the holidays wouldn't be the same without it! It's just as good the next day, as a cold sandwich.—Joan Frey, Spencer, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 bacon strips, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ounces cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, bacon, onion, cheese, seasoned salt and pepper. Add beef and sausage; mix well. In a shallow baking pan, shape mixture into an 8x4-in. oval.
- Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 231 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Grandma's Meat Loaf in Country Ground Beef
Nov 20, 2011
Jan 3, 2010
Absolutely delicious. I'll definitely make it again. I added a tbsp. worcester sauce and used season bread crumbs and Hickory snoked bacon. Great flavor.