Grandma’s Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 bacon strips, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ounces cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, bacon, onion, cheese, seasoned salt and pepper. Add beef and sausage; mix well. In a shallow baking pan, shape mixture into an 8x4-in. oval.
- Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 231 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Nov 20, 2011
Jan 3, 2010
Absolutely delicious. I'll definitely make it again. I added a tbsp. worcester sauce and used season bread crumbs and Hickory snoked bacon. Great flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.