Grandma’s Honey Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, butter and honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-18 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in freezer containers. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high until heated through, 20-30 seconds.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 179 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 18, 2019
Fabulous! I added 1 cup of blueberries to them.
Jan 23, 2019
Absolutely Delicious! These can be made for breakfast or in place of corn bread. Loved them with soup. They are a perfect muffin.
Dec 6, 2018
I used gluten-free flour, increased the baking powder to 4 teaspoons and added a second egg. They were delicious! They are a sweet muffin, but then they are called honey muffins . . .
May 11, 2018
Tried this recipe and was very pleased. It made 12 muffins. The first ones were just a little sweet for me so next time I cut the honey by about half. Highly recommend this recipe
Mar 10, 2018
I made this recipe with my 8 year old daughter who really enjoyed it! We decided to double the amount of honey after seeing the reviews. They were delicious! My son aged 10 says he can't take the honey but he likes them anyway. We are in the UK and appreciated a nice easy recipe to follow as it is kid friendly. In the UK All Purpose Flour is called Plain Flour.
Jan 6, 2018
These were good while warm, and certainly sweet enough, but plain and didn't taste like honey.
Sep 12, 2017
Loved this recipe thanks for sharing!
Sep 4, 2017
These were okay. They have a very sweet flavor and taste a lot like cornbread as others have commented.
Aug 23, 2017
These were absolutely delicious and easy to make. We didn't need to put any condiment on them !!!!!
Mar 30, 2017
Excellent!! A friend gives me unfiltered honey, which is what I made these with and the flavor was outstanding!!! Didn't even need butter. I am adding this to my cookbook....... thanks for sharing!!