Grandma’s Beef Stew
This treasured dish was one of my grandma's favorites, and I have fond memories of making this stew with my mother.—Trisha Kaylor, Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour 20 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 341 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1826mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Grandma's Corn Stew in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.