- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup rye flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3/4 cup sweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, apple juice, applesauce and oil until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into 2 greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
1 slice: 108 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.