VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Pastry for double-crust pie
- 6 small tart apples, peeled and cored
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup maple or maple-flavored syrup, warmed
- On a floured surface, roll out pastry to an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Cut into six 6-in. squares. Place an apple on each square. Combine sugar and cream and spoon into apple center. Moisten edges of pastry; fold up the corners to center and pinch to seal.
- Place on an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° bake 30 minutes longer or until golden brown, basting twice with syrup. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grandma Buelah's Apple Dumplings in Country Woman May/June 1991, p35