Grammy Gilman’s Raisin Pie
—Ruth Bolduc, Conway, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Add the raisins, butter, vinegar and water; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Fill with raisin mixture. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- Bake at 400° for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.