Graham Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (18-1/2 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1. Combine the first five ingredients; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the graham cracker mixture. Carefully spoon the remaining batter on top. Sprinkle with the remaining graham cracker mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 329 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Graham Streusel Coffee Cake
"I made this b4 reading the reviews. I used yellow cake mix calling for oil. The nut mixture did sink so next time I will try cooking without the nut top layer.for 20 min and then add the top layer of nuts in the final 20 min of cooking. I also used two tsp of cinnamon. And walnuts i/o pecans."
"I am a normally scratch baker, but this recipe is delicious and really easy to prepare. My daughter told me about it, and I made it and loved it."
"I omitted the nuts and icing and took this to a baby shower. It was good, but not outstanding (it was plenty sweet, so I do not think we would have enjoyed it more with the icing). However, it was done in 30 min! I am glad I checked the cake box. 40 minutes seemed too long."
"If you bake this the night before you serve it, will it still be tasty & moist?"
"I made this as a treat for my husband's fellow tennis players--of course, I had a piece myself (always have to taste new recipes). I used a 9 x 13 pan and cut it into 28 pieces. It took exactly 40 minutes to bake. I was very disappointed when he came home with an empty pan (no leftovers for me)--he said they loved this coffee cake. I really hate the taste of powdered sugar in icing so I made the icing much better by adding a little melted butter, vanilla, and using some left over whipping cream instead of milk--really good icing with no powdered sugar taste. I also added a little extra cinnamon to the topping (love it). I used a yellow cake mix from Aldi's that used oil in the mix (not butter) and had no problem with the topping sinking to the bottom--instead it all rose to the top which was fine."