To save time when she needs a dessert in a jiffy, Sue Ross of Casa Grande, Arizona keeps this versatile crust mix on hand. The crumb mixture makes enough for four pies and complements the taste of most any filling.
Recommended: Outstanding Pie Recipes from Across America
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 40 squares)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cold butter (no substitutes)
- In a food processor or bowl, combine crumbs, sugar and cinnamon; pulse or cut in butter until mixture begins to clump together. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Yield: about 7-1/2 cups mix (about 4 pie crusts).
- To prepare one crust: Press about 1-3/4 cups crust mix onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Chill 30 minutes before filling. Yield: 1 pie crust.
Originally published as Graham Pie Crust Mix in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p39