Graham Pie Crust Mix
To save time when she needs a dessert in a jiffy, Sue Ross of Casa Grande, Arizona keeps this versatile crust mix on hand. The crumb mixture makes enough for four pies and complements the taste of most any filling.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
Makes1 pie crust
- 5 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 40 squares)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a food processor, combine the crumbs, sugar, butter and cinnamon; pulse until mixture becomes crumbly. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- Yield: about 7-1/2 cups mix (about 4 pie crusts).
- To prepare one crust: Press about 1-3/4 cups crust mix onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Chill 30 minutes before filling.
Originally published as Graham Pie Crust Mix in Quick Cooking March/April 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.