Graham Cream Puff
"For an exquisite treat, try these 'berry' special graham cracker puffs filled with raspberries and cream," recommends Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska.
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups raspberries, drained
- Cover baking sheets with foil; grease foil and set aside. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil over medium heat. Add flour and cracker crumbs all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto prepared baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each for steam to escape.
- For glaze, place berries in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Strain berries and discard seeds. Set the puree aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in orange juice and the reserved puree until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- For filling, beat cream in a chilled large bowl, until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in raspberries. Split cream puffs open; discard soft dough from inside. Fill the cream puffs just before serving. Drizzle with glaze. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 270 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Graham Cream Puffs in Taste of Home June/July 1998