To satisfy a sweet tooth, try these deliciously different bars suggested by Dumont, Minnesota field editor Renee Schwebach. "A fun variety of flavors and textures assures that the treats never last long," she relates.
Recommended: 35 Treats Quick Enough to Make on a Weeknight
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 48 squares)
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a double boiler, combine eggs, sugar and butter. Cook and stir over boiling water until mixture thickness and reaches 160°. Remove from the heat; cool. Add remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into squares. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Graham Coconut Treats in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p64