VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1/4 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop; set aside. Place mushroom caps in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat. Place caps in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork and onion until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute shallots and mushroom stems in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, basil, salt and pepper until blended. Add the pine nuts, tomatoes, artichokes and pork mixture; cool slightly. Stir in Gruyere and sour cream.
- Spoon filling into mushroom caps; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Gourmet Stuffed Mushrooms in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p11