Gouda Turkey Frittata
You'll want to enjoy this cheesy, filling egg skillet not only for breakfast, but also for dinner. The hearty frittata is a great way to use up turkey leftovers.—Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Broil: 5 min.
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute zucchini and shallots in oil and butter until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and water; stir in turkey and seasonings. Pour egg mixture into skillet; cover and cook over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- Uncover skillet; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 171 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Turkey, Zucchini and Gouda Open Faced Omelet in Country Woman Christmas 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.