Gouda Melt with Baguette Slices
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 French bread baguette (4 ounces), sliced
- 1 round (7 ounces) Gouda cheese
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Place baguette slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat until toasted, 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, carefully remove waxed coating from cheese round. Using a 3-in. biscuit cutter, press into the center of cheese, but not all the way through. Scoop out center, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; set shell aside.
- Place the tomato, basil and removed cheese in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Stir until combined; pour into shell. Serve with baguette toasts.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 303 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 578mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 28, 2014
Substituted tomato-basil cracker for the the sliced baguette. Enjoyed by all. Super easy and quite tasty.
Nov 19, 2013
Nov 26, 2012
so yummilicious! my kids can"t wait to taste it..
Nov 27, 2011
I made two of these (one smoked, one plain) for my 5 person Thanksgiving. It is an incredibly easy recipe and it's quite tasty.I had cored the Gouda, chopped the basil and readied the tomatoes before people came over. When my first guest arrived, I popped the filling in the microwave and it was ready to go in minutes.I'm all about working smarter, not harder, and this recipe fits the bill! Thank you.