Gorgonzola Tomatoes on Endive
This simple yet elegant appetizer takes advantage of a timesaving ingredient — bottled salad dressing. You’d never guess!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 20 leaves Belgian endive (about 2 heads)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Arrange endive on a serving platter. In each leaf, layer the tomatoes, green onions, cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 49 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Originally published as Boatilicous in Country Woman Christmas 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.