Gorgonzola Pear Tossed Salad Recipe
- 6 medium pears, quartered and cored
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 cups spring mix salad greens
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups balsamic vinaigrette
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place pears in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes, basting occasionally with cooking juices.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine greens, tomatoes, cheese and pecans. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Divide among 12 serving plates; top each with two pear pieces. Yield: 12 servings.
Gorgonzola Apple Salad: Substitute tart apples for the pears.
1 cup: 303 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 716mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein.