Gorgonzola Pear Tossed Salad
Tired of tossed salads? Here's an irresistible variation featuring pears that makes an attractive and tasty first course. The cheese and pecans are nice additions. You'll appreciate how easy it is. —Melinda Singer, Malibu, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 medium pears, quartered and cored
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 cups spring mix salad greens
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place pears in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes, basting occasionally with cooking juices.
- In a large salad bowl, combine greens, tomatoes, cheese and pecans. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Divide among 12 serving plates; top each with two pear pieces.
Gorgonzola Apple Salad: Substitute tart apples for the pears.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 303 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 716mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Roasted Pear Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.