Tired of tossed salads? Here's an irresistible variation featuring pears that makes an attractive and tasty first course. The cheese and pecans are nice additions. You'll appreciate how easy it is. —Melinda Singer, Malibu, California
Featured In: 62 Christmas Potluck Sides for 12 or More
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 medium pears, quartered and cored
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 cups spring mix salad greens
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place pears in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes, basting occasionally with cooking juices.
- In a large salad bowl, combine greens, tomatoes, cheese and pecans. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Divide among 12 serving plates; top each with two pear pieces. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Gorgonzola Pear Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p33