Gorgonzola and Pear Salad
Tired of tossed salads? Here's an irresistible variation featuring pears that makes an attractive and tasty first course. The cheese and pecans are nice additions. You'll appreciate how easy it is.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 medium pears, halved and cored
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Place pears in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes, basting occasionally with cooking juices.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, tomatoes, cheese and pecans. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Divide among six serving plates; top each with a pear half.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 311 calories, 24g fat (6g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 716mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Roasted Pear Salad in Country Woman September/October 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.