- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- Chopped salted peanuts, optional
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup sugar, milk, peanut butter and oil until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, 1/2 cup cocoa and baking powder; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture (batter will be thick). Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining sugar and cocoa. Stir in water. Pour over batter (do not stir).
- Cook, covered, on high 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out with moist crumbs. If desired, sprinkle with peanuts. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGooey Peanut Butter-Chocolate Cake
"Very disappointed with this recipe. I followed the directions but it's kind of bland and dry, even with the water. The water kind of sits around the cake but that's it. Weird. Won't make again."
"I love crock pot desserts. Was so disappointed with this. I don't know what went wrong, put it together, on high. 2 1/2 hrs & it wasn't done. After 3 hrs, i checked it and it seemed firm, no crumbs when poked. I went to scoop it out and it was all liquid underneath a dense cakey surface. Since it has no egg, I tossed it together & added chocolate & peanut butter chips to save it. Sorry, I won't be making this one again."
"My family and friends loved it ..... Unfortunately I don't care for peanut butter, so the 5 stars are from them and they thank you."
"carroune you'd want to bake this at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Let it cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.Sue StetzelOnline Community ManagerTaste of Home Magazine"
"i have a question pls. this recipe sounds amazing. but can i make it in the regular oven???"
"I haven't tried this yet but it's got to be awesome. I'm sure when I make it I will come back & give it a five star. Love the way it frees up your oven."
"This is an excellent recipe"