Gooey Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add cake mix and mix well (dough will be sticky). Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 69 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Gooey Chocolate Cookies
"I, too made them with the brownie mix because I had it on hand. These turned out really well like this and I will try the cake mix next time so I can give a proper rating on the recipe as it is."
"VERY GOOD WITH A LEMON cake MIX. yOU CAN USE ANY FLAVOR YOU WISH AND ROLL IN POWDERED SUGAR."
"I followed the recipe with a "regular" Devil's Food cake mix (15.25 oz) and they turned out great. I did add 1/2 cup of Hershey's mini chips which gave them an extra punch. Almost like eating a bite size brownie! Yummy--we love them and they are SO easy which is a BIG plus! We'll be making these again!"
"My 8 yr old and I mad this with carrot cake mix, 1/4 C chopped raisins, 1/4 C chopped walnuts and we used Smart Balance instead of butter. The lack of butter made a big difference. We only got 44 cookies instead of 54 and they didn't spread. The taste is AMAZING, though. I would definitely make these again. Very easy, too. Thanks."
"This is absolutely delicious, as stated. I didn't have any trouble with recipe. I have handed out the recipe to others who have asked for it. Yummy, and I highly recommend."