Beatriz Boggs from Delray Beach, Florida can satisfy a sweet tooth in a jiffy with these chewy chocolaty bars. "You'll never believe how easy they are to assemble," she writes.
Recommended: 19 New Ways to Make S’mores
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- Ina bowl, combine cracker crumbs and milk. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and nuts if desired (batter will be very thick). Pat into a well-greased 8-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool; cut into bars. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Gooey Chip Bars in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p9