Gooey Caramel Cashew Brownies
These ooey-gooey brownies are bursting with chocolate chips, gobs of caramel and plenty of cashews. —Marilyn Miller, Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 16 caramels
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into two greased 9-in. square baking pans. Sprinkle with cashews. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on wire racks.
- In a small saucepan, combine caramels and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until caramels are melted. Drizzle over brownies.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 198 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cashew Caramel Brownies in Country Extra January 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.