Good Neighbor Chicken Pizza
“I call this ‘Good Neighbor’ pizza because I got the recipe from a good neighbor,” Connie Staal writes from Greenbrier, Arkansas. Marinated in a scrumptious soy-sauce mixture, grilled chicken gives this delicious main dish Asian flair.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-3/4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, oil, garlic and cayenne; add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Place crust on a baking sheet. Spread with pizza sauce. Drain chicken; spoon over sauce. Top with mushrooms, onions, Italian seasoning, cheeses and almonds. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and cheese is melted.
1 slice: 308 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 694mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC