“I call this ‘Good Neighbor’ pizza because I got the recipe from a good neighbor,” Connie Staal writes from Greenbrier, Arkansas. Marinated in a scrumptious soy-sauce mixture, grilled chicken gives this delicious main dish Asian flair.
Recommended: 15 Recipes to Make for Summer Pool Parties
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-3/4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, oil, garlic and cayenne; add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place crust on a baking sheet. Spread with pizza sauce. Drain chicken; spoon over sauce. Top with mushrooms, onions, Italian seasoning, cheeses and almonds. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Good Neighbor Chicken Pizza in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p27