Good Mornin’ Pancake Mix
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
Makes8 pancakes per batch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup buttermilk blend powder
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Place the first nine ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until oats are ground. Place 1-1/3 cups in each of four resealable plastic bags. In each of four separate resealable plastic bags, place 1/4 cup raisins and 1/4 cup almonds. Store for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 batches.
- To prepare pancakes: In a large bowl, combine the contents of one pancake mix bag and one fruit-nut bag. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, water and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes: 297 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 519mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 30, 2012
We have reviewed this recipe again and regret there was an error originally. 1-1/3 cups of dry mix should be placed in each of four separate plastic bags in order to use up all of the mix. The recipe has been corrected here.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Jan 22, 2012
<p>I left out the fruit and nuts and the pancakes were very good. Unfortunately the measurement is incorrect in the recipe. There are almost 6 cups of dry ingredients by themselves and it says to place one cup in each of 4 bags. I added 1 cup to each of FIVE bags and divided the extra up amongst the 5 bags. I added the wet ingredients as instructed. The pancakes were nice and fluffy in spite of the error in the measurements.</p>
Dec 19, 2011
Look on the home page for Healthy Cooking Plus. The link for the tags is there. Or just use the one I've included here:https://cdn1.tmbi.com/TOH/Images/pdfs/gift_tags.pdf
Dec 17, 2011
This made for very nice holiday gifts, vut where were the free sets of tags with prep directions??
Dec 15, 2011
Sorry for the confusion. Each batch is comprised of 1 cup flour mixture, 1/4 cup raisins and 1/4 cup almonds. That is 1-1/2 cups mix per batch, which multiplied for 4 batches is 6 cups.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Dec 10, 2011
Confusing recipe! It says that it makes 6 cups but says to put 1 cup in 4 bags????