With this recipe, you can put in a full day’s work, run some errands and still get dinner on the table in no time. Make it extra-special by serving the meat sauce over spaetzle.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 8-1/2 hours
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Hot cooked egg noodles or spaetzle
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the broth, onion, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, paprika and mustard. Pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth. Gradually stir into beef mixture. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes longer or until thickened. Serve with noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 478 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 1021mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 45g protein.
Originally published as Best Slow Cooker Goulash in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2012