Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 pounds boneless round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups water
- Place ingredients in order listed in a 3-qt. slow cooker (do not stir). Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until rice is tender. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 192 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 601mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Oct 5, 2013
Great recipe! I coarsely chopped my almonds and they added a nice crunch! I also added a jalapeno and used mushroom broth instead of the bouillon and water.
May 29, 2011
This smelled wonderful while it was cooking, but it was so disappointing. The rice was incredibly mushy. My crock pot cooks faster than it should so that may very well have affected the rice; however, I always adjust the cooking times in recipes to accommodate my crock pot. I ended up throwing this out and I hate to waste food.
Feb 22, 2010
Same recipe I use, except I use hamburger and chicken broth instead of water
Jun 30, 2008
This was the worst recipe I ever tried. It was just a bunch of gunk and I nor my family enjoyed it and we threw it out