Golden Shrimp Puffs
I first served these at a New Year's Eve get-together a few years ago. After receiving raves, they became part of my regular appetizer offerings throughout the year. —Patricia Slater, Baldwin, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 package (5 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a saucepan, bring butter, water and garlic salt to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Stir in the shrimp, onions and 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 89 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Golden Shrimp Puffs in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.