I first served these at a New Year's Eve get-together a few years ago. After receiving raves, they became part of my regular appetizer offerings throughout the year. —Patricia Slater, Baldwin, Ontario
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 package (5 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a saucepan, bring butter, water and garlic salt to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Stir in the shrimp, onions and 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Golden Shrimp Puffs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p187
Reviews forGolden Shrimp Puffs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2009
"A new holiday favorite!"