- 6 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 slices bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2 cups frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1 block (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cut into thin strips
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, parsley, mustard and salt. In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer bread cubes, shrimp and cheese; pour egg mixture over top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until mixture is set and top is puffed and golden. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGolden Shrimp Brunch Casserole
"This was OK. I used about 1/2 less bread. I think the cheese overpowered the shrimp. It was very bland. Will probably not make it again. I guess all the other reviewers added other ingredients to boost the flavor."
"Sorry I forgot to rate my review."
"I have made this recipe for year's, only I put 3 cups of milk and instead of shrimp I put a can of smoked spam cut in small cubes and a couple of chopped green onion's, and 2 cups sharp cheese in it. My family and friends love it. It's a keeper. : )"
"Great taste. My only complaint was the bread. Those must have been 10 skinny slices as I had waay too much. Oh well I needed some croutons anyway.Second time around I was serving ten so upped everything except the bread proportionately, subbed a cup of sour cream for 1 of the milk, added garlic and sriracha to taste and 1 1/2 cups of corn kernels. Cooked for 70 min in a 9 x 13 pan. Everybody wanted seconds so there wasn't enough!"