- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, applesauce, bread crumbs, onion, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add ground beef; mix well. Fold in cheese. Pat into a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until no pink remains. Drain. Let stand a few minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forGolden Secret Meat Loaf
"This recipe was delicious! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the combination of cheese, applesauce, and nutmeg in this slightly unusual meatloaf, and I can't wait to make it again!"
"My Husband and Kids love this meatloaf !!"
"This is one of the better meatloaf recipes I've tried. Moist and good. The nutmey was a new flavor for me, so I should have decreased it to 1/4 tsp. Good basic recipe minus the nutmeg. Thanks for a good one!"